Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Labyrinth Lord computer game

My mind got to wondering recently about exactly what you can - or can't - do with Open Gaming Licensed content. I've recently been in contact with Daniel Proctor, the author of Labyrinth Lord, to see what the possibilities of using Labyrinth Lord rules in a computer game are. I got talking to him and some other members of the Goblinoid Games forum about copyright and other legal issues, as the last thing I would want to do is step on anybody's toes.

Anyway, the upshot of this is that we could be seeing an official Labyrinth Lord computer game, free to play and running in a web browser, in the near future...

6 comments:

yoyorobbo said...

Sign me up!

I'd love to see it happen. Great idea.

Oh, great blog too. Very cool.

Andreas Davour said...

Cool! I wait with baited breath!

anarchist said...

Sounds good! I was thinking of a similar idea myself recently (but I probably wouldn't have ended up doing it).

anarchist said...

Almost forgot: I did a Labyrinth Lord dungeon generator, which you might find useful. It's at www.apolitical.info/webgame/dungeon (the source-code's there too). There's a wilderness map generator on the same site.

GirishLaikhra said...

The recursion king is the very good article.....
That is a awesome article.....
------
Girish
------
Yes that is a nice idea but have you ever thought of going up to the biggest guy on the subway and telling him your thoughts on this. I wonder what he might do, or would you even do it.
wow gold--wow gold

Satish said...

Labyrinth Lord computer game is intersteding game.
Rock..........
seo jaipur--seo jaipur